Gunner's Dream Clan

Welcome to our forums!
 
WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Animal Testing

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
H@r!$s
Stately GDC|Member
Stately GDC|Member
avatar

Number of posts : 460
Age : 24
Location : England,Manchester
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Animal Testing   Mon May 04, 2009 2:54 am

Animal testing is done a lot in modern day society but do you think this is RIGHT or WRONG?!?!?!?!

Don't just put yes or no explain why you think it is wrong or right Smile

Thanks
HK

_________________

Thx Southie lovin the Sig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
avatar

Number of posts : 2320
Location : Our cold wet Netherlands/Amersfoort
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Mon May 04, 2009 9:58 am

It's not really right or wrong. It's sad for them, and I couldn't, but it's better (for me) that they die, than me. Though this is only for strong medicines, like cancer solutions for example. I disagree with the testing of cosmetics on them. It's cruel to let them die, because you want red nails.

_________________
"We play death metal. We write about vikings so, therefore, some refer us to viking metal, but I have no idea what that is. I can't imagine the viking’s veer into metal at all except on the swords and stuff. And musically, I guess they only played these strange lip instruments and some bongos or whatever."
-Johan Hegg, Amon Amarth

The funny thing of love is that everyone experiences it, thinks to understand it, but none of them does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
H@r!$s
Stately GDC|Member
Stately GDC|Member
avatar

Number of posts : 460
Age : 24
Location : England,Manchester
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Mon May 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Rubberduck wrote:
It's not really right or wrong. It's sad for them, and I couldn't, but it's better (for me) that they die, than me. Though this is only for strong medicines, like cancer solutions for example. I disagree with the testing of cosmetics on them. It's cruel to let them die, because you want red nails.

I agree with u about testing animals for cancer solutions but not about the nails.
Although it may be cruel but hunting (hunting them for fun) is that not cruel. Animals don't have the same rights as us so testing cosmetics on them is fair because some are bread for testing on. Also it doesn't have rights because they don't have any moral judgement they just do what they are programmed to do (instints) unlike humans.

_________________

Thx Southie lovin the Sig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
avatar

Number of posts : 2320
Location : Our cold wet Netherlands/Amersfoort
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Mon May 04, 2009 1:27 pm

I disagree with you.

There's a difference between hunting, and torturing them. If you're out in the wild hunting, they know it, it's nature. Even though humans seem so civilised, we have an instinct too, a greed for power and might. You're somehow fighting with nature, just like a lion that goes for dinner. It may look cruel, but it's not.

Testing on them on the other hand, you're already holding them, you've "won" the so called battle. You are deciding or they should live or die, just because you're curious and you want to know the difference between light and dark red nails. You're killing them because you want to look good, while even half the men population on this damned earth don't even notice it. That's cruel.

_________________
"We play death metal. We write about vikings so, therefore, some refer us to viking metal, but I have no idea what that is. I can't imagine the viking’s veer into metal at all except on the swords and stuff. And musically, I guess they only played these strange lip instruments and some bongos or whatever."
-Johan Hegg, Amon Amarth

The funny thing of love is that everyone experiences it, thinks to understand it, but none of them does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
avatar

Number of posts : 1378
Age : 26
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Mon May 04, 2009 2:25 pm

Rubberduck wrote:
It's not really right or wrong. It's sad for them, and I couldn't, but it's better (for me) that they die, than me. Though this is only for strong medicines, like cancer solutions for example. I disagree with the testing of cosmetics on them. It's cruel to let them die, because you want red nails.

That sums my opinion up.

_________________
Feel free to PM me with any question you might have that does not involve cookies. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDC|Singima|420*L
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Recruiter
avatar

Number of posts : 484
Age : 24
Location : Bosnia And Herzegovina
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Mon May 04, 2009 3:02 pm

Well I Hate It "Animals Get Killed Or Bold And Stuff Like That So People Can Smell Better Or ...

_________________

Proud Recruiter Of GDC Green
Joined GDC Brown :
23.09.2008
Joined GDC Orange: 31.03.2009
Joined GDC Green : 18.04.2009
Proud GDC Profesional Gamer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gdclan.tk/
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
avatar

Number of posts : 4408
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Tue May 05, 2009 4:46 am

leighton9999 wrote:
Rubberduck wrote:
It's not really right or wrong. It's sad for them, and I couldn't, but it's better (for me) that they die, than me. Though this is only for strong medicines, like cancer solutions for example. I disagree with the testing of cosmetics on them. It's cruel to let them die, because you want red nails.

That sums my opinion up.
ditto

humans are more important than animals

_________________
xfire = kingfaruk



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
SirLagALot|HAC*L
Faggot
Faggot
avatar

Number of posts : 4409
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Tue May 05, 2009 6:12 am

humans ARE animals, just slightly better created (or higher on the evolutionary ladder, if you will. lol)

_________________
You may not believe in God, but HE sure believes in YOU
Cogito ergo sum? Pfff, cogito ergo non compos mentis >_>
Omnia Vincit Amor
Killing me IS XP whoring XD
To ?GDC|Bazooka|HAC/TPS*L:
*GDC|D3ll!ing|GE'O wrote:
I think sirlag can kick your ass while lagging in real life



R.I.P TOTSE: 1989-2009
Rubberduck wrote:
the Dutch are weak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
avatar

Number of posts : 4408
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Tue May 05, 2009 9:05 am

lets not go down that path

_________________
xfire = kingfaruk



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
R!Ch#
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Recruiter
avatar

Number of posts : 713
Location : Bavaria Germany The 3.reich..;D
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Tue May 05, 2009 9:19 am

but sirlag is right
who sais that we are allowed to handle the animals like we want to?
but i think rubberduck is right
if there are very important medicins like for cancer of hiv its ok i think

_________________
Hail to the Freaks..!!



ich fick dein kopf..;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
H@r!$s
Stately GDC|Member
Stately GDC|Member
avatar

Number of posts : 460
Age : 24
Location : England,Manchester
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Tue May 05, 2009 12:29 pm

We might be animals but we contribute to society more than animals. And we are far superior to them since they do things by instinct and we don't. Granting animals the same rights as us is just degrading to humans since we are far superior, so we are basically just at the same level of animals when we are clearly not.

We are much more and we can handle them the way we want, you eat them and yet we can't use them for experimants, you hunt for fun and personal gain but we are still not allowed to experiment on them. so Why do we have to alienate animal testing then???????

_________________

Thx Southie lovin the Sig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*GDC|Beowolf|GDC
GDC|Supreme Assistant
GDC|Supreme Assistant
avatar

Number of posts : 142
Age : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Wed May 06, 2009 12:13 am

If we are so much better than animals, then why can't we live better together? Why do we destroy almost everything we do? We take from the planet, but don't give back.

Animals, though they do have their moments, basically live in peace within their species. Though, territorial bouts do come up, you don't see one animal of a particular species killing the same animal of that species because their coloring is different. You don't see animals killing other animals due to their belief or disbalief of a higher power.

So tell me, who is better. Humans, which kill because of race, religioin, politics, greed, lust and so on. OR animals, that kill when they need to eat, or by instinct?

_________________



made by Hellboy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP
B.A.M.F.
B.A.M.F.
avatar

Number of posts : 772
Age : 31
Location : Charlotte, NC USA
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Wed May 06, 2009 1:04 am

I'm not sure I agree entirely with all the posts, but I believe only in important testing to our health or the world's health should animals be used to test human products. It is only the way of nature to do so if you look at it in a perspective that if human tested a human first it would be cruel and unusual. It would make us even more unlike the animals we're debating on.

Anyway not opening a religious talk either in the debate board, but I personally believe every living thing has a 'soul' as most would call it. Therefore, if they are being killed I understand it could be a similar thing that happens to myself upon death. Dying without meaning isn't right (if it can be prevented of course) and the same goes with the little critters. ^ ^

Here's something I came across that makes me see possible evidence my way of thinking is correct:




While I don't agree that all animals have some sort of emotion or
reason, I do believe some animals could be intelligent enough to have
it. My dog Enzo shows me that daily. If the story I quoted below were to be true it'd be interesting... It was in the comment box ^ ^

"I remember a document where a lioness adopted a gazelle and in the end
other female in her pride killed it and ate it and seeing the look on
the adoptive mothers face just raw horror and sorrow and utter hatred
for the other lioness I thought how can people say that animals do not
have emotions?"

_________________

*Grill'uNReal. wrote:
fine im a cheater i dont really care

[13:52:19] Jew : gd day
[13:52:29] suAq' : Gday Jew.
[13:52:30] jew has been kicked by *GDC|OvErMiNd|THP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirLagALot|HAC*L
Faggot
Faggot
avatar

Number of posts : 4409
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Wed May 06, 2009 4:21 am

"emoticons" lmao
i like beowolf's way of putting it. "civilised" humans are much worse than the lowest of animals. for example, aboriginal australians and native americans lived as one with nature, living as the animals described in beowolf's post. their societal structure was WAY more advanced than ours

_________________
You may not believe in God, but HE sure believes in YOU
Cogito ergo sum? Pfff, cogito ergo non compos mentis >_>
Omnia Vincit Amor
Killing me IS XP whoring XD
To ?GDC|Bazooka|HAC/TPS*L:
*GDC|D3ll!ing|GE'O wrote:
I think sirlag can kick your ass while lagging in real life



R.I.P TOTSE: 1989-2009
Rubberduck wrote:
the Dutch are weak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lone Wolf
Esteemed GDC|Member
Esteemed GDC|Member
avatar

Number of posts : 718
Age : 23
Location : Slovenia, Novo mesto
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Wed May 06, 2009 5:00 am

we are curently more superior than anything other than we know. all the living things on earth evolved from the same bacteries. so why it would be posible, if we evolved, that any other creature has also evolved. for instace, werewolfs. i dont believe in this shit that humans turn into beasts, but why wouldt it be posible that some creature evolved into wolf and a werewolf (like we evolved from the same animal as monkeys, and lok the diferences betwen us). or if this isnt right, eventualy some other creature will evolve, and it would be on better position, cuz of its instincts and weapons. maybe it already did, hiding somewhere. cuz we know discover new species almost everyday, so there are sure to be some new. and all those old folk tales have to be based on something.

but back to the topic.
i agree only testing animals on cures for disease, but not rof us humans to look and smell better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
avatar

Number of posts : 4408
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Wed May 06, 2009 5:30 am

ok im lost how did you start talking about werewolves?

_________________
xfire = kingfaruk



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
FrostBite
Venerable GDC|Member
Venerable GDC|Member
avatar

Number of posts : 824
Age : 31
Location : Locked In My HEAD!!!
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Wed May 06, 2009 6:23 am

*GDC|Beowolf|GDC wrote:
If we are so much better than animals, then why can't we live better together? Why do we destroy almost everything we do? We take from the planet, but don't give back.

Animals, though they do have their moments, basically live in peace within their species. Though, territorial bouts do come up, you don't see one animal of a particular species killing the same animal of that species because their coloring is different. You don't see animals killing other animals due to their belief or disbalief of a higher power.

So tell me, who is better. Humans, which kill because of race, religioin, politics, greed, lust and so on. OR animals, that kill when they need to eat, or by instinct?

That is exactly my opinion but just written by you

_________________
Mathis is killed. Bond doesn't care. The audience don't care. Bond throws him in the bin after taking a few tenners from his wallet.

- The Abridged Quantum of Solace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
avatar

Number of posts : 2320
Location : Our cold wet Netherlands/Amersfoort
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Wed May 06, 2009 8:17 am

He meant to put werewolves between the "superior" human and other animals.

Humans are the worst animals, and we're with a lot more than other species. We are being terribly rude against this world. And when you look at the facts, yes, we should test on ourselfs.

Apart from the point, other animals HAVE emotions, instinct, feeling, they do. If you kick your dog for example, he'll "cry".

Back to testing: You can take a human being too, but species usually protect their own. It seems to be cruel to hurt your own race for such things. The only problem is, how can we hurt eachother? I don't know...

_________________
"We play death metal. We write about vikings so, therefore, some refer us to viking metal, but I have no idea what that is. I can't imagine the viking’s veer into metal at all except on the swords and stuff. And musically, I guess they only played these strange lip instruments and some bongos or whatever."
-Johan Hegg, Amon Amarth

The funny thing of love is that everyone experiences it, thinks to understand it, but none of them does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
avatar

Number of posts : 4408
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Wed May 06, 2009 8:46 am

probably cause if somebody goes and tests a new drug on humans right away and ends up killing all the patients they could go away for a long time. but if they did it on rats and pigs all they are gonna get is hate mail from PETA and greenpeace

_________________
xfire = kingfaruk



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
GDC|$pl@$h|FS*M
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Recruiter
avatar

Number of posts : 270
Age : 26
Location : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Wed May 06, 2009 8:59 am

I think on the most part it's generally accepted by most, included myself, purely because most of the animals tested are rodents or vermin and we have huge quantities of these, also its survival of the fittest tbh, if a lion didn't hunt dear and gazelle, it may die, if we don't experiment and invent new cures, we may die, so i'm 70/30 FOR testing, i do belive it's cruel, but it's life Smile would we rather have x amount of animals carrying diseases and eating the worlds resources, of less disease carriers, more cures and more resources in the longrun Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
avatar

Number of posts : 2320
Location : Our cold wet Netherlands/Amersfoort
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Wed May 06, 2009 9:01 am

True, but one point. I think, there are more of us human bastards wandering the world than rats.

_________________
"We play death metal. We write about vikings so, therefore, some refer us to viking metal, but I have no idea what that is. I can't imagine the viking’s veer into metal at all except on the swords and stuff. And musically, I guess they only played these strange lip instruments and some bongos or whatever."
-Johan Hegg, Amon Amarth

The funny thing of love is that everyone experiences it, thinks to understand it, but none of them does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
avatar

Number of posts : 4408
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Wed May 06, 2009 9:31 am

id rather have no animals carrying diseases and no humans carrying diseases

_________________
xfire = kingfaruk



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
Lone Wolf
Esteemed GDC|Member
Esteemed GDC|Member
avatar

Number of posts : 718
Age : 23
Location : Slovenia, Novo mesto
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Wed May 06, 2009 9:43 am

@bazz:
my point was:
We all evolved from the same bacterie. We evolved into sentient beigns, while animals stayed animals. but what were we few million years ago? animals too. so i meant, if we evolved, any other creature could evolve into sentinence too. think abaut old folk tales: werewolf, yeti, big foot etc. all humanoid forms of animals. even if this inst true, i believe that every creature could evolve and then we wont be the chiefs of earth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*GDC|Beowolf|GDC
GDC|Supreme Assistant
GDC|Supreme Assistant
avatar

Number of posts : 142
Age : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Wed May 06, 2009 10:47 pm

Well see, here's where the question splits into two different catigories. Even though the entent of this question has no religious background, I'm going to say that this question is deeply rooted with religious undertones. Why? Well.......

Lone Wolf wrote:
@bazz:
my point was:
We all evolved from the same bacterie. We evolved into sentient beigns, while animals stayed animals. but what were we few million years ago? animals too. so i meant, if we evolved, any other creature could evolve into sentinence too. think abaut old folk tales: werewolf, yeti, big foot etc. all humanoid forms of animals. even if this inst true, i believe that every creature could evolve and then we wont be the chiefs of earth.


Some people believe in evolution, while others believe in God.

Evolution, I would have to say no, we don't have the right to test on other animals due to the fact that we once were on the lower part of the food chain. We just evolved into a form of life that is able to contorl other species of animals.

Religion, I would have to say yes, we do have the right to test on animals, since animals were put on this planet for humans. Without animals, we would have no meat. No clothing, (earlier times), nothing. Animals were created by God to provide food and clothing for humans. And if that's the case, why not test things on animals to make sure they are safe for humans?

With this question, there is no right or wrong answer. It's just the question on the person's beliefs that it is being asked to.

_________________



made by Hellboy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirLagALot|HAC*L
Faggot
Faggot
avatar

Number of posts : 4409
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Thu May 07, 2009 4:21 am

you know, some things are also tested on human beings, poor bastards who get paid to be tested upon

_________________
You may not believe in God, but HE sure believes in YOU
Cogito ergo sum? Pfff, cogito ergo non compos mentis >_>
Omnia Vincit Amor
Killing me IS XP whoring XD
To ?GDC|Bazooka|HAC/TPS*L:
*GDC|D3ll!ing|GE'O wrote:
I think sirlag can kick your ass while lagging in real life



R.I.P TOTSE: 1989-2009
Rubberduck wrote:
the Dutch are weak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   

Back to top Go down
 
Animal Testing
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gunner's Dream Clan :: Members/Guests Desk :: General Talk :: Debate Board-
Jump to: