Gunner's Dream Clan

Welcome to our forums!
 
WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 God - Is he/she real?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
avatar

Number of posts : 1378
Age : 26
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:46 pm

GDC|YUJI|SOV*L wrote:
I know HE is real.
Proof:
All people who give offerings or tithes are improving in life
All people who don't give tithes or offering, gets an unlucky life, One of our members at church doesn't give it, so God Removed his good job where he get payed high. He said he got fired. Of course its because of GOD

Not exactly... my cousin's brother used to go to church every Sunday (not sure if he does anymore or not), and he was in a motorcycle accident that shattered his pelvis, left arm, and several other bones. Thank god for that accident.

On the 2nd statement, if god removed anyone who doesn't go his way from a good job, i'm pretty sure religion would dominate everyone's life today, and anyone that didn't believe in god would be persecuted. It doesn't look like that is happening to me...

Bazooka wrote:
leighton9999 wrote:
Last I checked, mannequins couldn't walk, talk,
think, etc. A person's thoughts don't make them evil, their actions
do.
but you can still have evil thoughts

But does that make me evil? Simply because someone has a fantasy, but knows the difference between right and wrong and does not act out that fantasy does not make him an evil person. In fact, it makes him a better person because he is resisting that urge to do what he wants. If on the other hand he did act out that evil fantasy, then you could classify him as "evil". For example: Have you ever said you wanted to kill someone? That's intent to murder. You're now a sinner!

_________________
Feel free to PM me with any question you might have that does not involve cookies. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zippo
GDC|Member
GDC|Member
avatar

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:39 pm

and yeah fate is bullshit let's say my example: last new year party i was in KKrakow i wen't there whit few euro in my pocket then i sinned as hell at the party sex drugs and rock n' roll (+alcohol) then i was out of money and when i was returning home i found pretty good money on train station (well about 200PLN you can buy 70 beers for it) and im atheist and sinner so WTF? it comes that satan helped be cuz god would give me money after i sinned whole evening and morning and i spend that money for SINING
Back to top Go down
View user profile
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
avatar

Number of posts : 4408
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:32 am

zippo i never said anything about fate

leighton9999 wrote:
Bazooka wrote:
leighton9999 wrote:
Last I checked, mannequins couldn't walk, talk,
think, etc. A person's thoughts don't make them evil, their actions
do.
but you can still have evil thoughts

But does that make me evil? Simply because someone has a fantasy, but knows the difference between right and wrong and does not act out that fantasy does not make him an evil person. In fact, it makes him a better person because he is resisting that urge to do what he wants. If on the other hand he did act out that evil fantasy, then you could classify him as "evil". For example: Have you ever said you wanted to kill someone? That's intent to murder. You're now a sinner!
i never said i was disagreeing with you

Rubberduck wrote:
I saw that Jesus was a man too, just like you and me with some sort of "special task" if you ask me. No clue who made that task up, and perhaps it was God somehow, but I have doubts. I'd rather believe it was God himself "comming down" to see how the world was fucked already, than his son.)
yes! Jesus came down to earth to take all of humanities sins on himself, so that we could go to heaven
the pharisees (not all but lots) hated Jesus and wanted an excuse to get Jesus, so they claimed to the romans that he was stirring up trouble

_________________
xfire = kingfaruk



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
Zippo
GDC|Member
GDC|Member
avatar

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:31 am

i must say you are smart person Bazooka and i respect you cuz you know everything about your religion,maybe it's illogical for me but anyway you know what you belive in and most of people who belive even haven't read bible
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirLagALot|HAC*L
Faggot
Faggot
avatar

Number of posts : 4409
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:01 am

well bazooka is a PK (pastor's son Very Happy) so he probably knows doctrine better than me, and most Christians
@rubber, i don't belive the Lord planned for adam and eve to eat from the Tree, but it hapened because of free will.
HOWEVER, i DO believe that He planned for Jesus to be killed, in order to reign over death and allow all of humanity access to eternal life. it's not hard to manipulate people to do what they want, anyway

_________________
You may not believe in God, but HE sure believes in YOU
Cogito ergo sum? Pfff, cogito ergo non compos mentis >_>
Omnia Vincit Amor
Killing me IS XP whoring XD
To ?GDC|Bazooka|HAC/TPS*L:
*GDC|D3ll!ing|GE'O wrote:
I think sirlag can kick your ass while lagging in real life



R.I.P TOTSE: 1989-2009
Rubberduck wrote:
the Dutch are weak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
avatar

Number of posts : 4408
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:51 am

i wish, thanks zippo, but although i got a bit more knowledge cause my dads a pastor, i could know so much more if i read the bible more. i barely read it andshould read it more, if i read it more often i would have so much better knowledge

but, while reading once, i notices (i think it was in James) saying for you not to swear on anything under heaven, especially not the bible it says

that means that we shouldnt swear on the bible or anything else, so next time your in a court in and they ask you to swear on a bible, open it (find the verse first) and read that verse to them (man i sooooo wanna do that)

_________________
xfire = kingfaruk



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
avatar

Number of posts : 2320
Location : Our cold wet Netherlands/Amersfoort
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:50 am

?GDC|Bazooka|HAC wrote:
that means that we shouldnt swear on the bible or anything else, so next time your in a court in and they ask you to swear on a bible, open it (find the verse first) and read that verse to them (man i sooooo wanna do that)

"Man arrested because of free will, wanted to kick the court's ass."

@Sir, but that means our so called "free will" is corrupted and impossible to define. I could kill a man and tell the court, it was planned by God and get away with it but I could also tell it was free will.

_________________
"We play death metal. We write about vikings so, therefore, some refer us to viking metal, but I have no idea what that is. I can't imagine the viking’s veer into metal at all except on the swords and stuff. And musically, I guess they only played these strange lip instruments and some bongos or whatever."
-Johan Hegg, Amon Amarth

The funny thing of love is that everyone experiences it, thinks to understand it, but none of them does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirLagALot|HAC*L
Faggot
Faggot
avatar

Number of posts : 4409
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:11 am

the court won't let you off if you claim God told you to, people would just think you're insane Very Happy
and free will can't really be defined, but it's not corrupted. not exactly, anyway. for example, imagine you want to eat an apple. say i gave you an apple and said that if you ate it you would get super powers. you'd eat it, right?
now imagine i told you there was a chance there might be a worm in it. if you were desparate enough, you'd still eat it. whatever happens, you have a choice, but that decision is based on many factors. people and things can influence you, but ultimately, you are the one who weighs up the options

_________________
You may not believe in God, but HE sure believes in YOU
Cogito ergo sum? Pfff, cogito ergo non compos mentis >_>
Omnia Vincit Amor
Killing me IS XP whoring XD
To ?GDC|Bazooka|HAC/TPS*L:
*GDC|D3ll!ing|GE'O wrote:
I think sirlag can kick your ass while lagging in real life



R.I.P TOTSE: 1989-2009
Rubberduck wrote:
the Dutch are weak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
avatar

Number of posts : 2320
Location : Our cold wet Netherlands/Amersfoort
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:15 am

Yes, but if I eat the apple with the worm, and I eat the worm and die because of it. Was that my own free will, or God's will? I don't have the option to choose if I die or don't.

_________________
"We play death metal. We write about vikings so, therefore, some refer us to viking metal, but I have no idea what that is. I can't imagine the viking’s veer into metal at all except on the swords and stuff. And musically, I guess they only played these strange lip instruments and some bongos or whatever."
-Johan Hegg, Amon Amarth

The funny thing of love is that everyone experiences it, thinks to understand it, but none of them does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zippo
GDC|Member
GDC|Member
avatar

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:29 am

bazooka i don't remember well about swearing but i remember there stand's in bible that everyone who is changing words of bible is punished by hell anyway, I don't belive as you know,although i was growing in europen culture and christianity have part in it so im trying to follow those 10 rules in my life but i still think it was just created by people to protect othere people from anarchy which i don't like,human shouldn't be extremist in any line
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
avatar

Number of posts : 1378
Age : 26
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:35 pm

?GDC|Bazooka|HAC wrote:

but, while reading once, i notices (i think it was in James) saying for you not to swear on anything under heaven, especially not the bible it says

Bible Writers wrote:

But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by
heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your
yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation. James 5:12

I'm gonna memorize that, it could come in handy some day... Wink

Also, am I the only person here that did not know he was debating a pastor's son?

_________________
Feel free to PM me with any question you might have that does not involve cookies. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
avatar

Number of posts : 4408
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:05 am

i actually found out that one while just reading the bible on time in church, and was like, oooo, gotta remember this

_________________
xfire = kingfaruk



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
SirLagALot|HAC*L
Faggot
Faggot
avatar

Number of posts : 4409
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:06 am

Rubberduck wrote:
Yes, but if I eat the apple with the worm, and I eat the worm and die because of it. Was that my own free will, or God's will? I don't have the option to choose if I die or don't.
but you chose to eat the worm, which contains the risk of dying
if i jump off a building, do i choose whether to fall at a constant acceleration rate of roughly 9.81 ms/s? no, but i DID choose to jump off
God's will doesn't always get fulfilled, because of free will. i know people who have ignored the Lord, and lived life for themselves. God's will doesn't get fulfilled because they CHOSE not to

_________________
You may not believe in God, but HE sure believes in YOU
Cogito ergo sum? Pfff, cogito ergo non compos mentis >_>
Omnia Vincit Amor
Killing me IS XP whoring XD
To ?GDC|Bazooka|HAC/TPS*L:
*GDC|D3ll!ing|GE'O wrote:
I think sirlag can kick your ass while lagging in real life



R.I.P TOTSE: 1989-2009
Rubberduck wrote:
the Dutch are weak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP
B.A.M.F.
B.A.M.F.
avatar

Number of posts : 772
Age : 31
Location : Charlotte, NC USA
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:12 pm

Well this one like most of the debate topics are off topic.

So back on target here - I don't believe "God" is a he or she. I don't believe it is personified in any way and does not relate to humanity.

Honestly I don't think "God" is exactly a living thing or anything like that, but a force we describe as being God.

I mean it depends on what you define real as. Is the God depicted in most religions real? Well not exactly, but they are mostly all interpretations of the same creating force or the "Great Architect" as I like to call it.

_________________

*Grill'uNReal. wrote:
fine im a cheater i dont really care

[13:52:19] Jew : gd day
[13:52:29] suAq' : Gday Jew.
[13:52:30] jew has been kicked by *GDC|OvErMiNd|THP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirLagALot|HAC*L
Faggot
Faggot
avatar

Number of posts : 4409
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:33 am

2 words: MIDI CHLORIANS! Very Happy Very Happy

_________________
You may not believe in God, but HE sure believes in YOU
Cogito ergo sum? Pfff, cogito ergo non compos mentis >_>
Omnia Vincit Amor
Killing me IS XP whoring XD
To ?GDC|Bazooka|HAC/TPS*L:
*GDC|D3ll!ing|GE'O wrote:
I think sirlag can kick your ass while lagging in real life



R.I.P TOTSE: 1989-2009
Rubberduck wrote:
the Dutch are weak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
avatar

Number of posts : 2320
Location : Our cold wet Netherlands/Amersfoort
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:02 am

Midi Chlorians? explain me what that is please!

anyway, Sir, if the Lord's will isn't always being fulfilled, it's true rubbish to (for example) not become donor to give someone else the chance to live. What some christians say. Aren't I right? I don't have a clue if you're against or for that, but can I conclude that we don't always have to listen to God?

(Btw, I have found out the second part of your signature Sir, Omnia vincit Amor, love will prevail above everything. Vergillius wrote it: Omnia vincit amor, nos et cedamus amori, love prevails above everything, let's give us up to it as well. It's pretty free translated though Very Happy)

_________________
"We play death metal. We write about vikings so, therefore, some refer us to viking metal, but I have no idea what that is. I can't imagine the viking’s veer into metal at all except on the swords and stuff. And musically, I guess they only played these strange lip instruments and some bongos or whatever."
-Johan Hegg, Amon Amarth

The funny thing of love is that everyone experiences it, thinks to understand it, but none of them does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
avatar

Number of posts : 1378
Age : 26
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:58 pm

Rubberduck wrote:
Midi Chlorians? explain me what that is please!

anyway, Sir, if the Lord's will isn't always being fulfilled, it's true rubbish to (for example) not become donor to give someone else the chance to live. What some christians say. Aren't I right? I don't have a clue if you're against or for that, but can I conclude that we don't always have to listen to God?

(Btw, I have found out the second part of your signature Sir, Omnia vincit Amor, love will prevail above everything. Vergillius wrote it: Omnia vincit amor, nos et cedamus amori, love prevails above everything, let's give us up to it as well. It's pretty free translated though Very Happy)

I too wish to hear his explanation of that.

Ever watch Ergo Proxy, Laggy? Smile I think, therefore I am not of sound mind.

_________________
Feel free to PM me with any question you might have that does not involve cookies. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirLagALot|HAC*L
Faggot
Faggot
avatar

Number of posts : 4409
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:16 am

@rubber, yes, we don't listen to God, but if you're a Christian, you believe you SHOULD. if you're not, you still should, imo, but you just won't agree with me Smile
and yes, you got it right about the quote in my sig ^^
@leighton, no, i haven't watched it, is that quote from it? i pulled it together my self from my meager knowledge of latin Smile

now, as for midi chlorians, i was joking Very Happy ever watch star wars?

_________________
You may not believe in God, but HE sure believes in YOU
Cogito ergo sum? Pfff, cogito ergo non compos mentis >_>
Omnia Vincit Amor
Killing me IS XP whoring XD
To ?GDC|Bazooka|HAC/TPS*L:
*GDC|D3ll!ing|GE'O wrote:
I think sirlag can kick your ass while lagging in real life



R.I.P TOTSE: 1989-2009
Rubberduck wrote:
the Dutch are weak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
avatar

Number of posts : 1378
Age : 26
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:21 pm

SirLagALot|HAC*L wrote:
@rubber, yes, we don't listen to God, but if you're a Christian, you believe you SHOULD. if you're not, you still should, imo, but you just won't agree with me Smile
and yes, you got it right about the quote in my sig ^^
@leighton, no, i haven't watched it, is that quote from it? i pulled it together my self from my meager knowledge of latin Smile

now, as for midi chlorians, i was joking Very Happy ever watch star wars?

@Ergo Proxy, it has a lot of stuff like that in it. There's a whole 2 minutes or so of quotes and things to ponder at the end of each episode. Very deep plot.

@Midi chlorians, >.>. Now that you mention Star Wars I remember them even though i've only seen like the first 2 movies. Once.

@Back on topic - Is god real? Smile

_________________
Feel free to PM me with any question you might have that does not involve cookies. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDC|YUJI|SOV*O
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 1261
Age : 23
Location : Philippines
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:26 pm

If the First man and woman didn't ate the Fruit of Knowledge, we should suppose to have unending life on earth! But because of they ate it that God doesn't want them to eat it, he casted them away to get out of Garden of Eden because if they eat the Fruit of Life with sins, the whole earth will be filled with Darkness! Just because of Satan. If Eve didn't cope up with temptation of that snake, we should be living forever on earth without sin!

Btw read this verse in the bible its related to what i am saying:
John 3:16

_________________








Please click this wonderfull egg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://goliathdestroyerflee.darkbb.com
SirLagALot|HAC*L
Faggot
Faggot
avatar

Number of posts : 4409
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:26 pm

actually yuji, that verse has to do with our salvation through the Christ, not humanity's fall
about the topic though, i don't think we'll ever be able to close the argument, because neither party can convince the other Very Happy

_________________
You may not believe in God, but HE sure believes in YOU
Cogito ergo sum? Pfff, cogito ergo non compos mentis >_>
Omnia Vincit Amor
Killing me IS XP whoring XD
To ?GDC|Bazooka|HAC/TPS*L:
*GDC|D3ll!ing|GE'O wrote:
I think sirlag can kick your ass while lagging in real life



R.I.P TOTSE: 1989-2009
Rubberduck wrote:
the Dutch are weak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
avatar

Number of posts : 1378
Age : 26
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:36 pm

GDC|YUJI|SOV*L wrote:
If the First man and woman didn't ate the Fruit of Knowledge, we should suppose to have unending life on earth! But because of they ate it that God doesn't want them to eat it, he casted them away to get out of Garden of Eden because if they eat the Fruit of Life with sins, the whole earth will be filled with Darkness! Just because of Satan. If Eve didn't cope up with temptation of that snake, we should be living forever on earth without sin!

Btw read this verse in the bible its related to what i am saying:
John 3:16

If God is omniscience, then he would have known Eve would eat the fruit... why did he still present it to her then?

If God is omnipotent, and he didn't want them to eat it then how is it possible they ate it in the first place?

As long as there is Man, there will be Sin. Sin is relative. The Christian faith may view taking your sister/cousin/etc. as a wife a sin, but in other religions it may be common practice.

_________________
Feel free to PM me with any question you might have that does not involve cookies. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirLagALot|HAC*L
Faggot
Faggot
avatar

Number of posts : 4409
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:46 pm

1.HE didn't present it to her, the Devil did
2. He didn't want us to, but because He loves us, He gave us free will
if you had a son/daughter who you knew was about to cheat on a test or whatever, you'd warn them, right? tell them not to, talk to them, etc etc. you decided to give them a chance to change. but you knew they wouldn't. what are you going to do? come on really heavy and stuff, make them hate you for it? no, you let them fall, but you'll be right there to pick them up again and help them

_________________
You may not believe in God, but HE sure believes in YOU
Cogito ergo sum? Pfff, cogito ergo non compos mentis >_>
Omnia Vincit Amor
Killing me IS XP whoring XD
To ?GDC|Bazooka|HAC/TPS*L:
*GDC|D3ll!ing|GE'O wrote:
I think sirlag can kick your ass while lagging in real life



R.I.P TOTSE: 1989-2009
Rubberduck wrote:
the Dutch are weak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
avatar

Number of posts : 4408
Age : 26
Location : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:23 am

sirlag, no party in this debating board has ever convinced the other

_________________
xfire = kingfaruk



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
avatar

Number of posts : 2320
Location : Our cold wet Netherlands/Amersfoort
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:27 am

Well, if God is so justifall, why are we humans now being punished with sins, only because 2 guys ate some fruit?

_________________
"We play death metal. We write about vikings so, therefore, some refer us to viking metal, but I have no idea what that is. I can't imagine the viking’s veer into metal at all except on the swords and stuff. And musically, I guess they only played these strange lip instruments and some bongos or whatever."
-Johan Hegg, Amon Amarth

The funny thing of love is that everyone experiences it, thinks to understand it, but none of them does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   

Back to top Go down
 
God - Is he/she real?
Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gunner's Dream Clan :: Members/Guests Desk :: General Talk :: Debate Board-
Jump to: